Single Crystal Structure Determination
Currently, there are three single crystal diffractometers in use: (Bruker AXS Mach3) with area detectors (Apex II, KappaCCD, Proteum). The X-rays are generated by rotating anodes (Bruker AXS FR591) with Molybdenum and Copper anodes, respectively.
- Determination of the exact three –dimensional arrangement of all atoms contained in a crystalline chemical substance
- Information about constitution, conformation, exact bond lengths and angles as well as the three-dimensional packing in the solid state
- Measurements of organic and metal organic substances, Screening of protein crystals
- Especially substances sensitive to air, temperature and moisture at temperatures down to -173 °C
- Measurements of extremely small crystals using focussing X-ray mirrors
- Determination of the absolute configuration of chiral substances