Job offer from August 26, 2022
The Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung in Mülheim an der Ruhr conducts basic chemical research aimed at making chemical transformations as energy and resource efficient as possible. Catalysis with all its facets is at the center of the research.
For the research group of PD Dr. Harun Tüysüz we are searching for a PhD student (m/f/d) in the field of Materials Science and Electrocatalysis in full time (39 hours).
The position is available immediately.
- Description of project: The project is about development mesostructured metal oxides and their implementation as electrocatalysts for alkaline water electrolysis. It is part of DFG funded Collaborative Research Centre / Transregio 247 that focus heterogeneous oxidation catalysis in the liquid phase
- Focus of the project will be studying alteration of catalyst under working condition through advanced spectroscopic methods
- Bachelor / Master Degree in Chemistry
- The knowledge of nanostructured materials synthesis and hand-on experience with electrocatalysis would be desirable
- Ability to work in a team and good communication skills in English
Please send your application (including cover letter, curriculum vitae and a copy of your certificates) as a PDF file via E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be opened until it is filled.
Further information about the research group activities.
We offer an interesting, versatile and ambitious occupation in a well-respected research facility with an international surrounding. The Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung is anxious to promote especially the career of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Therefor we are looking forward to replies of female applicants. As well applications of convenient severely disabled and equated candidates are explicitly welcome.