Job offer from July 13, 2021
We are searching for a highly motivated post-doc researcher (f/m/d) in full time (39 hours) with expertise in theoretical chemistry and interest in development of multireference methods for computational spectroscopy. The position will be based in the computational spectroscopy and method development group led by Dr. Helmich-Paris. Our junior research group is part of the Molecular Theory and Spectroscopy department at the Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung in Mülheim an der Ruhr (GER).
In this DFG funded project, the post-doc researcher will focus on the development and implementation of new multireference wavefunction-based electronic structure methods to compute excitation energies of valence and core electronic transitions. The platform of our developments is the ORCA package which is currently one of the world’s most versatile and frequently used quantum chemistry package. Communication of research results in journal articles and by oral presentations is expected as well.
The ideal candidate should have
- a Ph.D. degree obtained in Chemistry or Physics
- profound knowledge of electronic structure theory
- excellent programming skills and development experience in quantum chemistry codes
- excellent English language and communication skills
- basic knowledge of electronic spectroscopy
- a proactive mindset and goal-oriented work ethic
- full time (39 hours) research position (TVöD E13) limited to 2 years, extension possible
- exciting and challenging research project in one of the world’s most recognized research facilities
- excellent and well-maintained infrastructure and administrative support
- start: earliest
Please send me your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a list of 3 references with names and contact information in electronic form to the contact stated below.
Closing date: open
The Max Planck Society strives for gender equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. Severely disabled applicants will be given priority if equally suitable. Information on the collection of personal data in accordance with Art. 13 DSGVO can be found here.